Senior Director of Development (contract)
TVL is seeking a Senior Director of Development, Strategic Partnerships who will raise TVL's profile domestically and internationally in pursuit of strategic, high-value partnerships with companies and foundations. These partnerships will yield revenue, expand awareness of TVL among corporate employees and consumers, and leverage corporate talent to tackle the underlying causes of rural poverty that TVL seeks to address.
- College degree, Master’s preferred in Business, International Development/Affairs, Public Affairs;
- 7-10 years of experience working with either professional foundations or companies, with results in terms of new partnerships and grants;
- Experience co-creating a multi-faceted engagement with a donor;
- Experience in international development, particularly in low-income countries desired;
- Experience with BOTH professional foundations and companies desired;
- Experience engaging corporate employees in pro bono opportunities a plus;
- Ability to work independently;
- Marketing and communications;
- Strong verbal skills, strong presentation skills.
Social Media Intern (volunteer)
TVL is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established 501(c)3 organization are encouraged to apply.
- Must have personal experience utilizing Facebook, Instagram and Twitter social media platforms (more platforms desirable);
- 1 - 2 years of professional social media experience preferred;
- Work with other marketing team members to create and implement campaigns;
- Provide support for other digital marketing initiatives as needs arise;
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts;
- Create engaging blog and social media content;
- Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas and report back to management;
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands.