We kicked off the new year in Sierra Leone and we were incredibly busy!
We went on this trip with the intention of expanding the digital library in Golu and starting the process to bring free internet into to Golu and the surrounding villages to leverage for educational purposes. What we ended up accomplishing in our 10 days, was much more than planned. Check it out!
- Participated, presented to and mentored a group of young, ambitious entrepreneurial minded individuals from Golu at the Global Social Business Institute (GSBI) Boost Accelerator in Freetown.
- Brought 10 new educational tablets to Golu's resource center digital library with expanded resources focusing on the primary age group.
- Taught the teachers and high school seniors of Golu, how to use the new tablets and access the wealth of educational resources.
- Provided solar to the country's only all girls boarding school so that 450+ students will now have light to study in the evenings with.
- Met with major National Telco's to begin discussions on partnering to build a tower that will eventually provide internet to Golu and 6 surrounding villages.
We are now working with the Golu school headmaster and our partners in digital literacy to incorporate computer science as part of the schools curriculum this semester. Stayed tuned to learn more about this program.
If you would like to make a contribution to our on-going programs you can do so here: <<DONATE>>